Garden Maintenance - Crew Leader
We are currently looking for an upbeat, self-starter Garden Maintenance Crew Leader. We are seeking someone who takes pride in their work and the company they work for. This person must enjoy leading and teaching people, while enjoying the pressure of meeting timelines and budgets. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a leader, with a good understanding of garden maintenance practices being an asset. We offer year-round landscaping work with regular hours, excellent pay, bonus programs, excellent equipment, industry education training, long weekends off, and regular employee appreciation days.
- Supervising crew members while being an active member of the landscape maintenance crew and in the winter, the snow removal crews
- Working with and training employees in horticulture practices including mowing and trimming lawns, weeding beds, perennial care, trimming hedges, pruning trees
- Coordinating work schedules and daily tasks
- Organizing small projects such as planting trees/shrubs/perennials, mulching beds, garden renovations, soil amending
- Communicating with customers to ensure special requirements are understood
- Recording employee and equipment hours, inventory and ordering supplies as needed
- Maintaining equipment on a daily basis
- 3+ years of experience in the landscape industry
- Knowledge of prairie plant material
- Experience in detail orientated garden maintenance
- Horticulture diploma or industry experience and certification (Landscape Industry Certified, LGAP)
- Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to drive with a trailer (or willing to learn)
- Hardworking and self-motivated
Salary is based on experience, starting at $18 per hour.