Landscape Crew Leader
We are seeking an individual to grow their horticulture career with us. This person must have education and experience in landscape maintenance, able to recognize and provide solutions to landscape problems, and manage crews. This year round position will allow the applicant to practice their horticulture skills in fine gardening during the summer and presents the opportunity to use tree and shrub pruning techniques and learn about construction and woodworking during the winter.
- Supervising crew members while being an active member of the landscape maintenance crew and in the winter, the snow removal crews
- Working with and training employees in horticulture practices including mowing and trimming lawns, weeding beds, perennial care, trimming hedges, pruning trees
- Coordinating work schedules and daily tasks
- Organizing small projects such as planting trees/shrubs/perennials, mulching beds, garden renovations, soil amending
- Communicating with customers to ensure special requirements are understood
- Recording employee and equipment hours, inventory and ordering supplies as needed
- Maintaining equipment on a daily basis
- 2-3 years of experience in the landscape industry
- Knowledge of prairie plant material
- Experience in detail orientated garden maintenance
- Horticulture diploma or industry experience and certification (Landscape Industry Certified, LGAP)
- Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to drive with a trailer (or willing to learn)
- Hardworking and self-motivated
Salary is based on experience, starting at $18 per hour.